We are bringing in 230 perennials, trees and shrubs for this sale and we haven’t even started on the vegetables, annuals and the lesser known plants that we call Connoisseur plants yet. Where does anyone start? Getting ready to shop the sale is easy when you have lists to help you narrow down the selections. Before you start clicking on the files, let’s briefly go over how they are constructed. We provided two sets. One list has the plant descriptions and the other does not. The plant descriptions made the file very large and cumbersome, but we know that some of you would want detailed information. By the way, the description is also posted on the plant sale signs. The list without the descriptions is much smaller and easier to handle or search. Sorry, we could not include photos as this would create a file that would be too large to handle. We suggest cutting and pasting the botanical names into your search engine of your choice to review photos.
At our plant sale, plants will be divided into the following sections (Please note that we use the following plant type categories which is also how the plants are displayed at the sale):
- Woodies: All trees and shrubs
- Perennials: All perennial plants for sun, shade and everything in between. Arranged alphabetically by scientific name.
- Ferns: All evergreen and deciduous ferns
- Vines: All vining plants
- Annuals: All annual plants including plants for the garden, containers, houseplants and tropicals. Check out our annuals list here! 2022 Annual Availability
- Edibles: All fruit and vegetable plants. Check out our edibles list here! 2022 Edible Plant Availability
- Herbs: All herb plants. Check out our herb list here! 2022 Herb Availability
- Connoisseur: These plants are not included in our master list. We are collecting donations of hard to find plants from our partner gardens and plant societies. Stay tuned for our list!
- Rhododendrons: Provided by the American Rhododendron Society. Check out their list here! 2022 Rhododendron List
All the perennial and woody plants will be organized alphabetically by scientific name. Once you enter the sale you’ll find Edible plants and Herbs along the path leading into the Historic Core from our Visitor Center. The rest of the sections will be spread across the Library Lawn to allow for safe socially distant shopping.
Don’t see the list you need? Email us and we’ll email you the Excel spreadsheet so you can sort to your heart’s content. Jlo@tylerarboretum.org.