This year, we have more plants than ever! Wondering where to start? Getting ready to shop the sale is easy when you have lists to help you narrow down the selections.
At the sale, plants will be divided into the following sections:
- Woodies – trees and shrubs
- Perennials – perennial plants for sun, shade and everything in between
- Ferns – evergreen and deciduous ferns
- Vines – vining plants
- Annuals – annual plants including plants for the garden, containers, houseplants and tropicals
- Edibles – fruit and vegetable plants
- Herbs – herb plants
- Connoisseur – not included in our master list; a collection of hard to find plants from our partner gardens and plant societies
- Rhododendrons – provided by the American Rhododendron Society
All the perennial and woody plants will be organized alphabetically by botanical name. Once you enter the sale you’ll find Edible plants and Herbs along the path leading into the Historic Core from our Visitor Center. The rest of the sections will be spread across the Library Lawn.
The descriptions will be posted on the plant sale signs at the sale.