Senior Visitor Center Associate: Non-exempt, Full-time with benefits. On-site, weekdays from 7:30am to 3:00pm. Reporting to the Director of Site Services.
- Coordinating all end-of-day accounting, cash bags, and special reports.
- Managing and disseminate change for all registers.
- Selecting and ordering merchandise to sell and keeping inventory records.
- Creating merchandise displays that appeal to visitors.
- Working with Altru database/POS system, running reports and trouble-shooting registers.
- Assisting with hiring, training and coordinating part-time Visitor Center Associates staff.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of staff performance evaluations.
- Coordinating staff work shifts for day-to-day operations, as well as coverage for special events and evening public programs.
- Participating in planning meetings for organizational special events.
- Coordinating and overseeing staff during special events.
- Serve as the primary Visitor Center staff person: Greeting and orienting visitors and selling admissions, memberships and registrations for events and public programs.
- Maintaining high levels of customer service and creating a positive visitor experience.
- Answering phones and questions from the general public and members.
- Coordinating deliveries and notifying staff (on and off-site) of mail, packages, and other outside contractors as they arrive at Tyler.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Retail and cash handling experience; emphasis on merchandising is a plus.
- Solid computer and database skills (main software: Altru and Microsoft Office).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Passion for the natural world is desirable.
- Strong spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to move tables and chairs.
- Occasional custodial work will be required.
- Tyler Arboretum provides a welcoming team-based work environment.
- General office environment; often fast paced during our busy seasons.
- Requires frequent and prolonged standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pulling, twisting and climbing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- $15 per hour
Tyler Arboretum, a public garden in the Philadelphia suburbs, covers 650-acres of renowned plant collections, champion trees, historic buildings, with 17 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. The Arboretum offers workshops, classes, and tours for adults and children throughout the year.
Application: Please send a cover letter, with a minimum of three references, and résumé to:
Brian Prato, Director of Site Services
Tyler Arboretum, 515 Painter Road, Media, PA 19063
Tyler Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer