Site Services Associate:
Non-exempt, Part-time, seasonal position (35 weeks, May to October), no benefits. Flexible hours, weekend availability essential. 5-8 hour shifts. Reporting to the Director of Site Services.
Tyler Arboretum is seeking an energetic, organized individual with great customer service skills to join our Site Services team. We project a positive & professional image of Tyler Arboretum to the public, while enhancing visitor experience through a sincere customer-driven approach.
- Hours are part-time and flexible; daily shifts typically run between 5-8 hours.
- This position is capped at 24 hours per weekly pay period.
- Weekend availability is essential; some evening work throughout the year.
- Position will require at least one full (8 hour) Saturday or Sunday per week.
- Greet and assist visitors.
- Process admissions fees, memberships and merchandise sales.
- Maintain merchandise displays and inventory.
- Provide excellent customer service by phone, email and in person.
- Interact daily with the public, including children, volunteers and staff from all levels of the organization.
- Develop a working knowledge of Tyler’s trail system, plant collections and our rich history in order to be the best ambassador to our guests as possible.
- Assist with the operation of rentals and weddings including preparation of rental spaces.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Retail and cash handling experience; emphasis on merchandising is a plus.
- Solid computer and database skills (main software: Altru and Microsoft Office).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work independently.
- Passion for the natural world is desirable.
- Strong spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to move tables and chairs.
- Occasional custodial work will be required.
- Tyler Arboretum provides a welcoming team-based work environment.
- General office environment; often fast-paced during our busy seasons.
- Requires frequent and prolonged standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pulling, twisting and climbing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- $12 per hour
Tyler Arboretum, a public garden in the Philadelphia suburbs, covers 650-acres of renowned plant collections, champion trees, historic buildings, with 17 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. The Arboretum offers workshops, classes, and tours for adults and children throughout the year.
Application: Please send a cover letter, with a minimum of three references, and résumé to:
Brian Prato, Director of Site Services
Tyler Arboretum, 515 Painter Road, Media, PA 19063