Mower: Non-Exempt, Seasonal (Date of Hire through October). Part Time –25 hrs/wk, no benefits. Reports to the Arboretum Manager.
- Assist in caring out the mission of Tyler Arboretum through all aspects of grounds maintenance, events and building maintenance to the highest levels.
- Reporting to the Arboretum Manager, the Seasonal Mower will be responsible for the maintenance of the turf areas through out the collections and in the natural areas, including trails.
- String trimming areas that mowers cannot reach.
- Additional responsibilities include equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain turf, trails and natural areas in excellent horticultural and aesthetic condition.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all grounds maintenance equipment and support tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years working experience
- Valid State issued motor vehicle operator’s license and with no major moving violations that would affect insurability.
- General work on the Arboretum’s grounds
- Requires frequent and prolonged equipment use, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pulling, twisting and climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Tyler Arboretum, a public garden in the Philadelphia suburbs, covers 650 acres of renowned plant collections, champion trees, historic buildings, with 17 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. Tyler offers workshops, classes, and tours for adults and children throughout the year.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mike Karkowski, email@example.com
References will be requested following initial interview.
Tyler Arboretum~ 515 Painter Road ~ Media, PA 19063
Tyler Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer