Corporate Volunteers & Service Organizations
We welcome corporate and community groups of all sizes to actively participate in the care of nature and the enrichment of our visitors.
Our community and corporate volunteer opportunities are open to all young adults (ages 16 to 25), and adults (those over 25).
While we actively encourage families to volunteer, we cannot accommodate volunteers below the age of 12. We also ask that all young people who want to volunteer at Tyler between the ages of 12 and 15 be accompanied by a parent or guardian, or by responsible adult who is 18 years old or older. We regret that we cannot currently accommodate middle school service groups.
Whatever the size and skill level of your group we will do our best to match the available tasks we need help with with your company or community mission. The work your group carries out for us may include invasive plants removals, trail repair, cleaning, processing mailings, and special events staffing.
Projects and experiences are seasonally-based, and we are more than happy to plan with you.
To start, please review the available volunteer opportunities listed below, then download a copy of our Group Form to fill out.
E-mail the completed form to Julia Lo Ehrhardt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Julia will contact you shortly.
REMEMBER to sign-up for our monthly volunteer electronic newsletter to stay current on news and upcoming event sign-ups.
Most group volunteer commitment is based on a 4 hour shift (3 hours is our minimum) which may run longer if previously planned. Depending on the tasks we need help with, we usually begin our activities at 8am on the day of the event in question. We ask that on the agreed upon date, that every member of your group be on site and ready to begin the day’s activities no later than 7:45am.
Please understand that our group activities take place in all weathers, rain or shine, and that ever member of your team should come prepared for the day’s weather. In cases of severe storms we will either re-schedule or cancel the session. Because of this possibility we ask that all members of your group be available by cell phone and that at least one member of your team acts as your company communications coordinator for the purposes and duration of your time with us.
Although food is not provided we are more than happy to work with you to arrange for lunches and snacks to be delivered and a dining area can be arranged if available. We can also accommodate group tours. Please understand that food delivery and any indoor dining facility rental and group tour will be an added cost for your group.
If you have questions, please contact:
Julia Lo Ehrhardt
Community Outreach Manager
610-566-9134, ext. 305
Our goal at Tyler is to provide a meaningful experience for groups which allows us to fulfill our mission of caring for the natural world.
Because members of your group may be working outdoors, it is possible that your team might encounter insects and plants that causes unwanted reactions such as poison ivy rashes, and deer tick and mosquito bites to name a few.
We strongly recommend that members of your group bring both insect repellent and sunscreen, and that all members of your team wear suitable footwear, a hat, gardening or work gloves, and clothing that is appropriate for working in the outdoors.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate in contact us.
A few points to consider:
- If you are new to Tyler Arboretum, please fill out the Group Volunteer Form and email it to us at least one month ahead of proposed date. If your group is a returning group, fill in the relevant boxes on the form with *.
- No later than 1 week before your group is due to work with us, please confirm how many people you will be bringing with you with Julia. Make sure to pass on directions to the Horticulture Maintenance Building which Julia will provide.
- Be sure to check the weather conditions 3 to 4 days ahead of your agreed on date and advise your group accordingly. Contact Julia if you need to re-schedule or cancel. Similarly, Julia will reach out to you in the event that we feel the weather necessitates a cancellation or a new date.
- Remind your group 2 days prior to the day that they need to dress for the outdoors, and that they need to bring water, a hat, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- On the day that your group is set to join us, please check in with Julia and help your group sign in.
- If you need to re-schedule or cancel your time with us is is essential that your designated contact person calls Julia Lo Ehrhardt
610-566-9134, ext. 305 so that the Tyler staff who have been scheduled to lead your group can be alerted and reassigned.