Seasonal Gardener: Non-Exempt, Seasonal (Date of Hire through October). Part Time – at least 25 hrs/wk, no benefits. Reports to the Director of Horticulture.
Reporting to the Director of Horticulture, this Part-time Gardener will be responsible for the maintenance of the horticulture collections, including perennial borders and groundcover plantings, gardens, trees and historic collections. Additional responsibilities include equipment maintenance and working with volunteers. This is a Part-time/Seasonal position and is not eligible for benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain turf, woody and herbaceous plant materials, trails and natural areas in excellent horticultural and aesthetic condition.
- Assist in the maintenance of all grounds maintenance equipment and support tools.
- Assist in maintaining all interpretive signage, both temporary and permanent, throughout the arboretum.
- Maintain all structural elements in the landscape, including fence repairs, directional signs, ponds and water courses, road and walk surfaces and snow removal.
- Assist with Special Events at the direction of the Director of Horticulture and Arboretum Manager.
- Supervise volunteers as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a BS or equivalent training in horticulture or a related field
- Valid State issued motor vehicle operator’s license and insurability
- General work on the Arboretum’s grounds
- Requires frequent and prolonged equipment use, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pulling, twisting and climbing.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
Tyler Arboretum, a public garden in the Philadelphia suburbs, covers 650 acres of renowned plant collections, champion trees, historic buildings, with 17 miles of hiking trails through woodlands, wetlands, and meadows. Tyler offers workshops, classes, and tours for adults and children throughout the year.
Please send cover letter and resume to Mike Karkowski, email@example.com
References will be requested following initial interview.
Tyler Arboretum~ 515 Painter Road ~ Media, PA 19063
Tyler Arboretum is an Equal Opportunity Employer